When working with Zeidman support, you may be asked to send a sample file with the data anonymized along with an export of your template.
Beginning with version 4.9, you will be able to create an anonymised sample data file directly in Importacular. You can read about how to do that here or you can watch a video showing this functionality here.
Should you decide to manipulate your data file manually, here are a few things to keep in mind.
1) Please do not change the column headers. This breaks the link between your template and the file.
2) Please do not delete data entirely. If the column is blank, we can't tell if the reason your import isn't working is due to the blank column or if it is something else.
3) Please maintain the correct field format (if the column is for a postal or zip code, we need you to maintain that format).
4) Make sure you leave the fields that are causing you issues as they were for our testing purposes.
With that in mind, here are some easy ways to anonymize the data:
1) Re-sort just the first name column to jumble the options.
2) Do a find and replace to change the numbers on the addresses.
3) Choose a few format options and drag and drop.
If you do not have sample data in a spreadsheet (because you are working with a direct link to one of our data source partners), you will need to refer to this knowledgbase article to create a file based sample. Once you do that. please anonymise your data!!